Posted on Sep 16, 2022

The Mabra Law Firm

What Is Comparative Negligence Law in Atlanta, GA?

Comparative negligence falls under tort law and comes into play when both parties are at fault. That means you are partially held accountable for a negligent act along with the defendant.

Georgia falls under one of the many states that uphold this law. In the case of comparative negligence, a jury determines a percentage of fault to the responsible parties.

For example, you might be guilty of 40% while the other party is responsible for 60%. After that, you are each assigned an amount to pay each other in damages.

If you've been the victim of an accident, The Mabra Firm is here to help you. Our personal injury law firm offers free consultations.

Click learn more to read about another frequently asked question related to car accidents.

The Mabra Law Firm
1231 Booth St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

#TopAtlantaCarAccidentAttorney
#TopAtlantaCarAccidentLawyer
Contact Us
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.