Posted on Sep 12, 2022

The Mabra Law Firm

Is My Car Accident Case Criminal or Civil?

There are a few defining factors between a civil case and a criminal claim. A criminal case is often filed by the state government and led by a prosecuting attorney.

When it comes to automobile wrecks, an example of a criminal case would be a DUI. It is illegal to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Therefore, lawyers treat a drunk driving accident as a criminal case. A civil claim goes through a law firm or independent party.

They ensure the liable parties are accountable for any injuries or damages. For a civil case to stick, you need to provide evidence (photos, police report, statements, etc.) of the crash that proves you are not to blame.

If you've been injured in an accident, The Mabra Law Firm can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Click learn more for more details.

The Mabra Law Firm
1231 Booth St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

Contact Us
Message sent. We'll get back to you soon.